Are you ready?
On September 1, 2023, the nLPD will come into effect, which means some changes for you!
Those who have taken the necessary steps to comply with the EU Regulation on Regulation (RGPD) will have little to change.
There will be no implementation deadline, which means that by that date you will have to comply with the law and its implementing orders!
What are the risks?
- Audit of the Federal Commissioner (FDPIC)
- Closing of the site by the FDPIC
- Criminal Procedure against a physical person and not a legal entity!
- Criminal sanction on a private basis up to CHF 250'000.
Are you concerned?
The protection of personal data is everyone's challenge. The nLPD applies to all private persons (and federal bodies) who process personal data (any information about an identified or identifiable natural person).
You must therefore ask yourself 2 questions :
- Do I process personal data in my business?
- Do I process sensitive data (religious, philosophical, political or trade union opinions or activities, health, intimate sphere or racial or ethnic origin, genetic data
or biometrics, etc.)?
If you answer yesThen it's time to make sure you're at least meeting the key compliance points!
Checklist for SMEs to comply with the nLPD
to find a solution together